Iran’s National Football team of Men, natively known as the ‘Team Melli,’ has made its place in the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Group B. The World Cup matches will be played from June 14 to July 15. It is also the first team from the AFC or the Asian Football Confederation to participate in the FIFA 2018 matches.
Qualifying Details about Iran’s Team
The Iranian team was unbeaten in the ten games that held in the Final Group stage matches but gave away only twice. For taking this team to the next level, the coach Carlos Queiroz developed an organized and well-planned team. Iran will play its matches against Group B teams according to the following schedule:
- 15th June, 2018: Morocco
- 20th June, 2018: Spain
- 25th June, 2018: Portugal
Iran’s team coach, Carlos Queiroz, has used his considerable experience to make the team reach its newer heights. He has also helped three national teams to qualify for the Four World Cups, which are Portugal, South Africa, and Iran. This year’s FIFA World Cup 2018 will be testing his team’s potential.
Players have made to the Team
Here is a list of players who have made to FIFA World Cup 2018 list for the Iranian team:
- The Star Players: Sardar Azmoun possesses the best striker rating. The players Heerenveen and Reza Ghoochannej have been scoring goals in the ‘Dutch top-flight’ matches.
- Stalwarts Players: The player Mehdi Taremi is the best striker who every time pops up with a goal when required during the match. Jalal Hosseini is also a popular veteran defender who has appeared in many matches.
- Debuted Players: The 21-year-old player Saeid Ezatolahi is known as the ‘Persian Pogba’. The midfielder is Russia-based and possesses all the traits to become a real star player.
- The Missing Players: Player and Captain of the team Javed Nekounam got out of the team right before the starting of qualification campaigns. Moreover, the player Andranik Teymourian who is also a Premium league Mid-fielder has not made an appearance in the year 2018.
Present Iran’s team has young players who are more technical in their game. The team has powerful and mentally strong midfielders. Now, in the FIFA World Cup 2018, the team will have to see which players can really play under pressure and emerge as a leader on the pitch.