There are so many types of dishes that can be processed with basic ingredients of chicken meat, moreover in Indonesia, almost in every village has a varied menu variations of the basic ingredients of these herbivorous animals. From many variations on the typical chicken meat menu, perhaps the most tempting is Chicken Rendang.
Yes, Chicken Rendang has always been very tempting, especially when we are going home to my hometown, then a Chicken Rendang menu is served by the family in the village. Chicken Rendang itself is processed boiled chicken meat can also be fried, with a rural spice that leaves a distinctive flavor of spices. Well, here is a recipe for Chicken Rendang with the typical “kampong” seasoning that you missed.
First, prepare the following ingredients:
1 kg of free-range chicken, cut 8-12 parts
500 ml thick coconut milk
3 tsp sour water from 50 ml tamarind water
1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
2 kaffir leaves
1 turmeric leaf
2 cm galangal, crushed
Then, prepare for the seasoning ingredients:
50 gr dried red chilies
2 cm ginger
2 cm turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander
10 red onions
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons of salt
If all of the above ingredients have been prepared, including seasoning ingredients which has been blended into a coarse paste, let’s proceed to the following ways to make it:
1. Cut the chicken meat according to taste, then wash thoroughly and drain.
2. After that, boil all the spices, galangal, lemongrass, orange leaves, turmeric leaves, tamarind water and coconut milk until dissolve.
3. Slowly, put the chicken meat into the finely seasoned stew, stirring occasionally, so the coconut milk does not break.
4. Cook on low heat, with the aim that chicken meat has a soft texture and coconut milk cooked completely.
5. Finally the kampong style of chicken rending is ready to be served.
The recipe above can be served in 6 portions, preferably if there is left over chicken rendang stored in the refrigerator, then reheat, if you want to eat it again, with a maximum time limit of storage for three days.