Crispy Tempe Mendoan recipe
Tempe is indeed one of the typical Indonesian cooking ingredients made from processed soybean seeds. Tempe is like one of the current dietary trends, because it is rich in protein but low in fat. Even not only in Indonesia, in some foreign countries such as Japan, Britain and France, Tempe became one of the dishes that began to be loved by many people.
Speaking of tempeh, there are indeed many processed foods that can be made with tempe ingredients. One of the favorites is tempeh mendoan. Flour fried tempeh which is from Banyumas are indeed fried Mendo or half cooked. Dipping the savory chili sauce is addictive.
But the question is, how do you make crispy Tempe mendoan? In the world of social media, there are many tempe mendoan recipes scattered, but the following recipes are given directly by experts.
5-6 pieces of tempeh (thinly sliced)
1 stalk of green onion
¾ tablespoons mashed coriander
200 ml of water
1-inch piece of turmeric
1-inch piece of galangal
3 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove of garlic
300 g flour
250 g of rice flour
1 clove of shallot
4 cayenne peppers
250 ml of cooking oil
Then, prepare the ingredients below for the seasoning that must be mashed:
2 cloves of garlic
3 cloves of shallot
1. First puree all ingredients for a fine spice, then set aside.
2. Mix all of the following ingredients: rice flour, flour, salt and pepper then stir until evenly distributed.
3. Add the crushed spices, chives, mashed coriander and water. Stir until evenly distributed, until the dough texture is perfect.
4. Cover the tempe with the mixture, fry for a while until half cooked. Then lift, drain on a tray that has been covered with kitchen paper.
5. Serve with chili or soy sauce, according to their individual tastes.